Friday, April 18, 2008


This is also one of my earliest quilts. I love this one. It took me 2 years to make because much of it is appliquéd. The Celtic knot work was made by appliquéing long tubes of material. This quilt hangs on the ceiling in our bedroom. I call it Cosmic Creation. Each one of the Mariners Compasses is different. I hand quilted the piece with metallic thread. I hope the metallic threads are better these days because this thread kept on breaking and fraying on me. I made back in the 1990's probably 1993 or 1994. This is the quilt that reminds me that properly, quilts need to be on a bed or hanging up because I had this one folded up for a couple of years and now after being hung up for about 10 years, I can still see the place in it where I folded it to store it. I don't think anyone else notices the crease.

No comments: