Monday, July 27, 2009

Boulder



June16th

We made it to Boulder! Boulder is the coolest town in the Rockies. I was amazed by the amount of commerce that went on in the middle of the week. It does not look like a recession in Boulder. There were hundreds of great little shops with fabulous art and funky clothes. I found a beautiful deep red intricately patterned peace of cloth at a shop. $10 a yard but I am looking forward to putting it into a quilt, maybe. It I very pretty just the way it is. Perhaps I should not cut it up. We ate at a place that served oysters. I wanted to eat oysters in the Rocky Mountains. I am in awe at the kind of world we live in where we can eat a very perishable ocean food while sitting in a restaurant over a thousand miles away from the ocean and several thousand feet high. The food was so good it made me never want to eat in an Abingdon restaurant again; well maybe we will till eat at Bellas. We slept at a campground just outside Boulder and were warm and comfortable enough.

June 17th

We toured a little more of Boulder. We went to a great museum with hundreds of statues.

The theme was of course, western but a sculpture is cool even if it is nothing more than a three-dimensional portrait of a famous Native American or a horse. We drove past the celestial seasonings factory but JJ didn’t want to go in. I thought he would love it but we forged on to points west.

No comments: